Yesterday I tried Ginataang halo halo, a Filipino dessert ❤ My friend Johane from the Philippines taught me the recipe, bless your heart Johane, this recipe is amazing, I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Ginataang, love it ! In this dessert you use sweet potatoes ( orange and purple ), plantain, rice balls and tapioca pearls. You can find purple sweet potato in Asian shops. It's delicious and gives the wonderful color to the dish 💜 To make the rice balls you use glutinous rice flour ( you find this in Asian shops as well ), mix it with some water and form balls with your fingers, that's it ! I love rice balls, I love the taste and the consistence of it. It's soft, elastic and sticky, for me it's the best ! So. To make this dessert. You cut your sweet potatoes and plantain. You cook it in water mixed with coconut milk until soft. Then you add some sugar ( follow your taste, my friend Johane had just a little dash of sugar ), the tapioca pearl and ri...
Today I'm proud to present you my new creation ❤ A vegan cheesecake. Loulou's vegan cheesecake. This is an original recipe and I won't share it with you ( sorry ! ) because I intend to sell that one 😉 What I can say to you is that it's made with oat and soy, that it is really delicious, very fresh and creamy and loaded with a lot of good fruits. And believe it or not there is not much sugar in this cake. For a big cake with 12 portions there is just 100 gr sugar. No gelatin, dairy free, reduced amount of sugar but still creamy and delicious 😋 My best advice, order one from me and see for yourself ! To order contact me on my facebook page click here or send me an email on yacoubhelene@msn.com ! ( nota, you have to live in Stavanger or region to order from me of course ! )
If you remember the time I tried to make omelette with chickpea flour... that was a no go 😅 So I decided to try another sort of vegan omelette with a tofu basis this time. That was MUCH better !! Here is the recipe from The minimalist baker if you want to try it 😃 The taste was really ok this time. Still not like an omelette omelette but approaching enough to satisfy me :) The consistence was a little too wet thought so if I make this recipe again I might try with firm tofu that I press before and then run in the food processor instead of silken tofu which is way too wet for this recipe ( even firm silken tofu ) So here is the result, vegan omelette with homemade salsa and "pommes duchesses" ( French piped potato swirls ) It's normally made with butter and heavy cream but I found this vegan recipe that worked like a charm : Recipe from Patate et cornichon The recipe is in French but as it is a video I guess you might understand it even if you don...
Comments
Post a Comment