Vegan Bò Bún



Our dinner tonight, fantastic Bò Bún, 100% vegan 😊

The "beef" you see in the picture ? Dehydrated soy chunks, that I rehydrated by marinating them with curry, garlic, soy sauce, vegan oyster sauce and a little bit of sugar. Then fried them in the pan and tadam, you have your "beef". I had unexpected guests today and they couldn't tell the difference with real beef, so that is good stuff ❤

Also the stock you prepare for the Bò Bún is normally based with fish sauce. So I marinated some algae and light soy sauce and got a result that was really near of the fishy taste you normally get. So I made the stock with this homemade "fish sauce", rice vinegar and sugar. At the end I added a little from the marinade I used for the soy chunks.

Otherwise, fresh salad, fresh soy sprouts, rice noodles, veggie spring rolls, cilantro and we had a complete meal that made us and our guests happy and full.

Highly recommended ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egyptian bread

Santa Lucia day and the famous "lussekatter"

Arepas, Pupusas are deliciousas !