Ginataang halo halo


Yesterday I tried Ginataang halo halo, a Filipino dessert ❤

My friend Johane from the Philippines taught me the recipe, bless your heart Johane, this recipe is amazing, I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Ginataang, love it !

In this dessert you use sweet potatoes ( orange and purple ), plantain, rice balls and tapioca pearls.
You can find purple sweet potato in Asian shops. It's delicious and gives the wonderful color to the dish 💜

To make the rice balls you use glutinous rice flour ( you find this in Asian shops as well ), mix it with some water and form balls with your fingers, that's it ! I love rice balls, I love the taste and the consistence of it. It's soft, elastic and sticky, for me it's the best !

So. To make this dessert. You cut your sweet potatoes and plantain. You cook it in water mixed with coconut milk until soft. Then you add some sugar ( follow your taste, my friend Johane had just a little dash of sugar ), the tapioca pearl and rice balls. Let it cook slowly until it gets sticky and gooey 💜💜💜

This dessert is good, healthy and naturally vegan, did I say I love it ? I love it !

Magandang gana ! ( Enjoy ! ) 

Comments

  1. Hmmm. This is simple. Do you have to freeze it so it gets cold or it's taken hot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can actually eat it hot or cold, your choice. I like it lukewarm ^^

      Delete
  2. Hmmm. This is simple. Do you have to freeze it so it gets cold or it's taken hot?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Egyptian bread

Santa Lucia day and the famous "lussekatter"

Arepas, Pupusas are deliciousas !