Arepas, Pupusas are deliciousas !



A Venezuelan friend came to my house one evening and showed me how to make Arepas. Arepas is corn bread that you fry and then fill with what you want to fill with. Black beans and cheese. Meat with tomato sauce...
On this day we used vegan chicken with tomato sauce and vegan cheddar. That was really delicious !❤

The recipe is really simple.
You use this corn flour :


And you mix with water. The consistence is right when you can make a ball in your hand and there is no cracks.
Then you form small balls that you flatten with the palm of your hand before frying it in the pan. It's ready when the color is right ( see the picture )
After that it's just to enjoy.
You can eat the Arepas as they are ( I did... a lot ! because it's so good ) or you open them with a knife and fill them with what you want to.
No need to say you... I went crazy about these things. So I made more of them.
Then I saw a video on internet of somebody from El Salvador who was making Pupusas. Watching the video I recognized the Arepas I learned to make. But Pupusas are a step further. You make the corn bread, you flatten it very flat, you put the filling inside and you close it again before you fry it in the pan.
I made it at once and filled it with veggies, cheese and vegan chicken,
My goodness... that was fantastic...



My conclusion... Arepas or Pupusas… just make them. You won't regret !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egyptian bread

Santa Lucia day and the famous "lussekatter"