Vegetarian version of Norwegian "skumkake" ( foamcake )


One of the most delicious Norwegian cake I know ❤

This is normally made with gelatin but as I am a vegetarian I had to try another way to do it and guess what... that works just fine with agar agar, so this is what I did !

I also reduced by half the normal amount of sugar because well... there is more than enough 😋

So here is my recipe :

Ingredients 
4 egg whites
2 dl sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tsp agar agar
1 dl water
150 gr chocolate chips
30 gr butter


*Whip the egg whites with the sugar and vanilla until you get a firm and shiny mixture
*boil the agar agar with the water and then let it cool until mild
*add slowly the liguid to your meringue while you whip it with an electric mixer.
*continue to whip for 5 mn
*Put your mixture in a form and let it cool in the fridge for 1 hour
*melt the chocolate with the butter and cover your foamy cake with it
*let the cake cool in the fridge for another 30 mn 

Tadaaaaaaaaaa !

That was easy wasn't it ?
Try it at home and say me how it was ❤

PS : don't throw out the egg yolks, plan to have an omelet on the same day and mix it with your egg yolks 😉



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egyptian bread

Santa Lucia day and the famous "lussekatter"

Arepas, Pupusas are deliciousas !