Sweet potato tajine and bulgur


Dinner tonight inspired by a recipe in the book 15 mn vegan from Katy Beskow ( merci Auré pour le cadeau 😉)

A very nice recipe with a lot of spices, beautiful flavors. I did change the recipe a lot though. I cooked it much longer. Katy Beskow was just cooking everything in a pan for 15mn but for me that does not deserve the word "tajine" if you make it that way. The tajine is a North African traditional cookware in ceramic or clay that you put in the oven.
I don't have a real tajine but I have a very nice Baeckoeffe backing dish that I used for this occasion.



 I cooked everything in the backing dish in oven for 45 mn, time for all the flavors to really impregnate the veggies. I also wanted the veggies to be cooked enough to be melting in your mouth. No al dente veggies in tajine, that felt wrong !

I added some veggies. The recipe in itself was with sweet potatoes, chickpeas and green beans, I added potatoes and carrots. I wanted something that would feel like a full dinner, not a side dish.

I also added some spices to make it a lot more like what I remember of the fabulous tajines I ate with my Moroccan friends 💓 I managed to get something really near, sweety lemony spicy taste, nam !

The result was really nice. I made a lot, thinking to have enough to freeze some and spare for a lazy evening... nope. No chance to get left overs. Everybody ate it with great pleasure 😋

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egyptian bread

Santa Lucia day and the famous "lussekatter"

Arepas, Pupusas are deliciousas !